Edison V2 Robot Special Offer
Edison is a robot capable of many different functions, which are accessible by driving him over barcodes. You can download and print these barcodes for free, along with other free downloadable resources including line mats, lesson plans, programming software, and Edbooks containing new barcodes and functions. Use these barcodes to turn Edison into a line tracker, remote control vehicle, sumo wrestler and more! Get creative by building onto your Edison (Edison is compatible with LEGO® bricks).
Besides the pre-programmed barcode functions, Edison can also be programmed using several pieces of FREE downloadable software, aimed at different levels of learners.
• For basic learners: EdBlocks, a ‘scratch-like’ platform for Edison based on a collection of graphical “programming blocks” children snap together to create programs. This allows younger learners to build the knowledge and confidence necessary to start coding.
• For intermediate learners: EdWare software, which uses a flowchart-like drag-and-drop interface to create instructions, loops and logic for Edison to interpret. EdWare is now available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS (iPad), Android, Chromebook, and as an online app.
• For advanced learners: EdPy. Edison is now programmable in Python. EdPy is designed to extend Edison’s functionality and teach higher level programming concepts. EdPy maximises the potential of Edison’s wheel encoders and gives users superior control of Edison.
These programs can be downloaded to Edison using the included EdComm cable, which plugs into your computer's headphone jack and carries a pulsed audio signal to a high-efficiency LED. The LED converts the pulsed audio signal into light that is received by Edison's line tracker phototransistor and loads the program into the processor.
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group, which does not sponsor, authorise or endorse this website or the Edison Robot or accessories.
- Drive over barcodes to teach Edison new functions, like line tracking, obstacle avoidance and more
- Make use of free downloadable resources to enhance your experience
- Use intuitive EdWare software to program custom functions for Edison
- Build onto Edison for extra functionality (Edison is compatible with LEGO® bricks)
Infrared using 2 IR LEDs (front left and right) and IR receiver module (doubles as IR receiver)
IR receiver module (38kHz) Edison can learn IR codes from most standard TV/DVD remote controls
Infrared data communication
IR receiver module (double as obstacle detection sensor and IR remote receiver)
Red LED and phototransistor (doubles as barcode reader and programming port)
2 phototransistors (front left and right)
Piezo transducer (doubles as sounder)
Differential drive system with encoders to control speed and distance
Infrared data communication
2 infrared LEDs (double as obstacle detection sensor)
Piezo buzzer (doubles as sound sensor)
2 red LEDs (Front left and right)
Freescale 8-bit MC9S08PA8VLC
4 x AAA batteries (UM 4)
You Might Also Like
All prices are in Australian Dollars and include GST. GST will be removed from your order if you are ordering from outside Australia.
All trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. Wiltronics disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks and trade names other than its own.