PASCO 850 Universal Interface (UI-5000)
PASCO Products from this website are only available for sale in Australia.
If you are an Australian customer and would like pricing information, please contact us at [email protected] or call (03) 5334 2513
The PASCO 850 Universal Interface UI-5000 is the world's most powerful educational lab interface that features multiple ports, rapid sampling rates, and outstanding functionality. It is the most flexible interface, has a USB connection and it is only compatible with PASCO Capstone software.
The 850 universal interface features four digital inputs or Photogate ports, four analog ports, four PASPORT sensor ports, a 15 W function generator, dual high speed function generators, and much more.
- Four Digital Inputs or Photogate ports allow direct use of photogates and other digital sensors (such as Time-of-Flight), with no adapter needed.
- Four Analog inputs are compatible with PASCO's entire line of analog CI sensors. The user can plug voltage sensors into them and measure voltages to ±20 V at sample rates of up to 10 MHz on 1 or 2 channels or 1 MHz on four channels.
- Four PASPORT Sensor ports recognize any of the more than 70 PASPORT sensors available. Science Workshop and PASPORT sensors can be used together meaning that there are over 120 sensors to choose from to meet any application.
- Outputs for PASCO 850 Universal Interface UI-5000 include a 15 Watt function generator that supplies up to ±15 V @ 1 A, DC, and AC. It directly measures both output voltage and current then records them as data.
It's "Universal" because the 850 Universal Interface:
- Works with both blue PASPORT and black Science Workshop sensors
- Can be used simultaneously with other PASPORT interfaces
- Is controlled with PASCO's new Capstone Software which also controls all other PASCO USB interfaces
- Is a 100 kHz signal generator, 15 W power amplifier, and 10 MHz sample rate oscilloscope all in one device.
Powered by PASCO Capstone software
The PASCO 850 Universal Interface UI-5000 is designed specifically to be used in conjunction with the powerful PASCO Capstone software. Together, they are the most efficient data collection, display, and analysis platform available for science education.
Not for use with CI-6552A Power Amplifier
- Four Photogate Ports - directly connect photogates, Time-of-Flight and more
- Four Analog Ports - For use with all analog ScienceWorkshop sensors such as Voltage, Force and Sound
- Four PASPORT Ports - compatible with the complete line of more than 70 PASPORT sensors
- 15 Watt Function Generator with Power Amplifier
- Dual Independent High Frequency Function Generators
- High Speed Sampling - up to 10 MHz on two channels or 1 MHz on four channels.
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- External Trigger Input/Output for synchronizing multiple 850s and more
- 44-Pin Expansion port for full expandability in the future
- Analog inputs protected up to ±300 volts. Outputs and power supplies are short circuit proof.
- Protected by PASCO’s five year warranty
Four Analogue Ports
For use with ScienceWorkshop sensors Input Impedance: 1M Ohm Input Protection: ±250V continuous Selectable Voltage Gain (X1, X10, X100, X1000) Not for use with CI-6552A Power Amplifier
High Speed Sampling
Measure voltages on two channels with sample rates of up to 10 MHz simultaneously on three or four channels at up to 1 MHz simultaneously
15 W Function Generator
Waveforms: Sine, triangle, variable duty-cycle square wave, positive and negative ramps, DC Frequency Range: 0.001Hz to 100 kHz ; 1mHz resolution Amplitude Range :±15V Resolution: 7.3mV,12 bit DAC Max Output Current: 1A at 15V, over current detection Selectable Short-Circuit Current Limit: 1.5 A, 1.1A, 0.55A Selectable Voltage Limit Selectable DC Offset Frequency Sweep Function Measure Output Current: 61uA at 10V
Dual Independent High Frequency Function Generators
Independent control of frequency, waveform and amplitude Waveforms: Sine, triangle, variable duty-cycle square wave, positive and negative ramps, DC Frequency Range: 0.001 Hz to 500kHz; 1mHz resolution Amplitude range: ±10V Resolution: 2.5mV, 12-bit DAC Max Output Current: 50mA at 10V
4 Photogate Ports
Digital sensors such as Photogates and Time-Of-Flight plug directly into the 850 without needing adaptors. Compatible with all ScienceWorkshop digital sensors Sensor Connection Detection
4 PASPORT Sensor Ports
Compatible with Pasco’s complete line of more than 70 PASPORT sensors Sample rates depend on sensors Sample rate of the ports can be greater than 1000Hz
850 Power Adaptor
20 VDC, 6A
USB 2.0 (4890 Mbps)
External Module 44-pin Connector
For connection Accessories (Available in the future) to control and monitor a variety of new devices such as stepper motors and circuit boards. Access to the 3 signal generators 8 Additional Digital I/O Pins 3 Additional Analogue Differential Inputs (±10V) High Speed PASPORT Channel for Self-Identification of Plug-In Modules Power sources: +5V a 500 mA, ±12 V at ±300mA
You Might Also Like
Note : Pasco equipment cannot be shipped out side Australia. Contact for your region distributor: https://www.pasco.com or toll free phone: +1-800-772-8700
All prices are in Australian Dollars and include GST. GST will be removed from your order if you are ordering from outside Australia.
Products may differ from pictured.
All trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. Wiltronics disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks and trade names other than its own.