Kitronik ZIP Tile for BBC Micro:bit - No Micro:Bit
$32.95 - $61.95
The Kitronik ZIP Tile is an 8 x 8 display panel for the BBC micro:bit. It features 64 colour addressable LEDs arranged in an 8 x 8 grid, ZIP LED expansion points on the left, right and top of the board, and the ability to connect a BBC micro:bit with both bolts and croc clips. It also breaks out P1 & P2 to standard 0.1” (2.54mm) footprints. Each of these pins also have the required supply voltage and GND pads.
This Kitronik ZIP Tile can scroll text, show all the colours of the rainbow (and more). Also, multiple tiles can be linked to make even bigger displays!
A JST connector on the back of the board provides power. The board generates a regulated supply that powers the connected BBC micro:bit via the 3V and GND connections, eliminating the need to power it separately. The ZIP LEDs will not illuminate to protect the BBC micro:bit if power is supplied through it.
- A BBC micro:bit (available as an optional extra)
- A power supply of between 3.5V and 5.3V
- The ZIP Tile is an 8 x 8 display panel for the BBC micro:bit
- Featuring 64 addressable full-colour LEDs
- It has ZIP LED expansion points on the left, right, and top of the board that allows for making larger displays.
- Connect to a BBC micro:bit with both bolts (supplied) and croc clips.
- It also breaks out P1 & P2 to standard 0.1” (2.54mm) footprints.
- To protect the BBC micro:bit if power is supplied through it, the ZIP LEDs will not illuminate.
Operating Voltage (Vcc) [ZIP LEDs]
3.5V - 5.3V
Regulated Voltage [BBC micro
Max Current (ZIP LEDs White @ 100% brightness, +5.3V supply)
2.73A (41mA per ZIP LED, 250mA max on 3.3V reg. voltage).
Number of ZIP LEDs
3 x ZIP LED (1 x DIN, 1 x DOUT, 1 x DIN/DOUT)
2 x IO pins (each IO pin rated 3.3V at 5mA)
2 x BATT V (3.5V – 5.3V)
1 x ZIP LED Tile
5 x M3 Countersunk Screws
5 x Plastic Spacers
|Add Micro:Bit?||Product Code|
|With Micro:Bit (board only)||KT5645 + MB-0040|
You Might Also Like
All prices are in Australian Dollars and include GST. GST will be removed from your order if you are ordering from outside Australia.
Products may differ from pictured.
All trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. Wiltronics disclaims any proprietary interest in trademarks and trade names other than its own.